Good morning bookworms!
You know that feeling you get when you’re SO EXCITED for everything, and so you sign up to it all, and then about a third of the way through whatever time period you start to realise that you’ve overloaded yourself and then panic and anxiety start to set in, and then you start to spiral and you end up in a weird mental trance state where nothing makes you feel anything, but everything is too hard and you just cry a lot and cut yourself off from everyone and everything?
Yeah, I don’t know what that feels like at all… 👀
So, anyway, confession time. I took on too much this month. Here’s the list of things I was planning to achieve:
- Nastily Exhausting (appropriate) Wizarding Tests read-a-thon challenge
- Bookending Autumn hosting
- starting a new DnD game (this is only the second time I’ve played so I’m kind of freaking out because the first time did NOT go well)
- a TBR of 16 books (plus others I added later)
- playing my second round of The Bookish Games (this surprisingly takes a LOT of brain power – also, you can sign up to be a spectator with the link!) and needing to read ADSOM because it’s based on that
- three buddy-reads not on any TBRs
- many Tidyathon goals
- other challenges I’ve been doing over the year
- lots of work stuff, including another week of travel from next Monday, interview and one of three key events each year
- lots of personal social stuff, including a christening, a BBQ, the Husband’s birthday, a concert, other birthdays and our housewarming
- and, we’ve started renovating the apartment.
Suffice to say, that’s a lot of things to fit in not a lot of time.
Also, I am so cranky at myself because I was planning to finish A Study in Charlotte on Tuesday night, but I fell asleep and then forgot to change my WWW Wednesday post. So, basically I lied to you all. (I am aware this is very insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and it wasn’t intentional, but it’s one of those stupid things I will beat myself up about for the next month, even though I have now gone back and changed my post…)
So, this is what I am paring it back to:
- Bookending Autumn hosting (but I may not post EVERY SINGLE DAY – crazy, I know)
- starting a new DnD game (and try not to freak out – but I’ve been chatting to the DM and I’m now making a very basic character, so hopefully I’ll be ok)
- playing my second round of The Bookish Games (and MAYBE reading ADSOM because it’s based on that)
- finish ONE buddy read
- other challenges I’ve been doing over the year (as well as I’ve been doing them every other month… so, not very well!)
- lots of work stuff (can’t change any of this, but I might take some leave in November)
- lots of personal social stuff (might change the housewarming)
- and, renovating the apartment (at a very slow pace).
I’m hoping that by easing the pressure of reading a MILLION books this month that I can spend time on some of the other things. Also, by not posting twice per day, every day, I won’t hit a blog slump at the end of the month!!
Anyway, that was all I really wanted to say. I am sending you guys the happiest of months, and remember that SELF CARE is very important (it’s mental health awareness week in Australia at the moment), so give yourselves a hug and remind yourself that we’re all doing the best we can.