Sunshine Blogger Award #7
Good morning bookworms!
I was tagged by Ruqs @ Many Things Bookish to for the Sunshine Blogger Award in April. OMG Ruqs, I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you!! ?
Let’s get down to it!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or on your post.
Questions from Ruqs
Have you read any outstanding books this year and if yes, which ones?
Umm, yes!! Not counting rereads, my fave books this year so far have been:
- The Hating Game – Sally Thorne
- All For the Game trilogy – Nora Sakavic
- The Wicked King – Holly Black
- Emergency Contact – Mary H. K. Choi
- The Kiss Quotient series – Helen Hoang
- Nevermoor series – Jessica Townsend
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely – Brigid Kemmerer
- The Prince and the Dressmaker – Jen Wang
- The Boy Who Steals Houses – C. G. Drews
- Sorry I’m Late, I didn’t want to come – Jessica Pan
Which upcoming releases are you most excited for and why?
I think I covered this in yesterday’s post (Anticipated releases book tag) but one book I didn’t mention was The Seven Sisters by Neil Gaiman. It was originally slated to be out next month, but I’m 99% sure that isn’t happening. However, I need the sequel to Neverwhere like I need oxygen.
What’s your favourite genre and why?
I know I’ve been reading more contemporary this year, but Fantasy is where my heart really lies.
If you could read only one trope, which would it be?
Enemies to lovers – without a doubt!
In a great fantasy, which do you value more: atmosphere or magic system?
Ooof… this is hard, because in a Maggie Stiefvater book you don’t have to choose (which is why she’s my favourite author). Look, I can probably forgive flaws in a magic system if the atmosphere is good enough… *probably*…
Are there any characters you can relate to personally?
Elements of characters, definitely.
- Jude from The Cruel Prince: I know her want for not taking the fae’s shit and getting back at them in sneaky passive aggressive ways (like salting their food). I understand holding a grudge.
- Lucy from The Hating Game: I know her job (it’s what I do, but not in a publishing house) and her thoughts about working in an open plan office. Also her ability to hold a grudge, and simultaneously hate something and be thrilled by it.
- Penny from Emergency Contact: I know her anxiety. I get packing a bag filled with ‘stuff’ just in case. I get the introvertedness that consumes her.
- Aled from Radio Silence: I get wanting to have a separate life from my real life, and my online life. I understand his want to escape.
- Frances from Radio Silence: I know the difference between having great grades and being able to do anything, and then f*cking up that one thing you thought you always wanted, and being adrift. I know working yourself to the bone. I get the never-ending pressure and the thought that maybe it was all for nothing. Also, being a totally different person when you are with other people.
What annoys you most about books?
- the cost of shipping when I want to send them to friends (especially signed book because I usually post them with tracking)
- that I’ll never get some of my favourite books signed because authors don’t come to Australia (and certainly not to Canberra)
- that I don’t have enough time to read everything I want to read
Is there anything (even if it’s just a small detail) you would like to change about your favorite book?
Nope. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater is perfect in its entirety.
Based on what aspects, do you chose what book you’ll read next?
I am a mood reader, so just whatever I feel like? I mean, I sometimes to TBRs but that often means very little when I actually go to pick up a book.
What’s your go-to comfort reread?
- The Scorpio Races – Maggie Stiefvater
- Back After the Break – Anita Notaro
- Carry On – Rainbow Rowell
Do you think you’ll be still reading the same genre / books / tropes / authors ten years from now?
Yes. I’ve been reading them for about 2 decades now, and I don’t see any reason to stop.
Holly @ Nut Free Nerd | Veronika @ Wordy and Whimsical | Clo @ Book Dragons
Tracy @ Truffle’s Literary Wonders | Jess @ Fiction No Chaser | DB’s Guide to the Galaxy
Hanna Reads | Paige @ Bookish Paige | Xandra @ Starry Sky Books
Shealea @ Shut Up Shealea | Kayla @ Books and Blends
- What is your favourite book you’ve read so far this year, and why?
- What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
- Which fictional character do you think would be the most boring to meet in real life?
- What is one thing you do to unwind?
- If you could pick any author to write fanfiction for Harry Potter (or another series), who would you pick?
- What’s the best book title you’ve ever heard of?
- Who is your OTP?
- If you could control one element (earth, air, fire or water), which would you choose?
- Who is your favourite fictional animal? (i.e., not just dragons, but Kozu from The Last Namsara)
- What is your favourite way to treat yourself?
- What is your most anticipated book for the remainder of 2019?
Enemies to lovers all day! ?
Like, ALLLLLLLLL DAY!! ? x
YAAAY so glad you did this!! 🙂 ?
Thanks Ruqs, and thank you for tagging me!! (and again, I’m so sorry, I am months behind on my tags!!)
Thank you so much for tagging me! I actually have the Scorpio Races on my shelves but haven’t picked it up yet – now I know it’s your fav I hope to get to it asap when I feel like a good Maggie Stiefvater read. Happy reading <3
It’s brilliant and magical, and most people read it in November. The first line is “Today is the first day of November and so, today, someone will die.” Also very good for a slightly creepy October reading!! ?
Oooh I’ll keep it in mind for my November TBR, thanks!
Veronika @ Wordy and Whimsical
I’ve said this before here, possibly multiple times, but The Kiss Quotient and The Hating Game are amazing. Yes to The Seven Sisters! I’m so damn excited for it, and I’m bummed it looks like the release isn’t happening in September, especially because of the lack of information we’ve gotten. Really loved reading this post, and thank you for tagging me. 🙂
Any time, my dear!! And yes, I am also sad about the lack of information on The Seven Sisters. Hopefully we hear more soon?!