Good morning bookworms!
The amazing Andy @ Andy Winder – YA Writer tagged me in the Mystery Blogger Award, which sounds awesome because it sounds MYSTERIOUS!! and also because I’ve not been nominated (or tagged?) to do this one before!! THANK YOU ANDY!! ?
What’s the Mystery Blogger Award?
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Okoto Enigma (award creator)
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Answer the 5 questions you were asked
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Paperback, hardcover, or ebook? Why?
I prefer hardcover, but I was thinking about this the other day – it’s probably because they’re so rare in Australia. Nearly all of my hardcovers are from overseas. (Thank you book boxes and Book Depository!)
What’s one book that made you laugh and one that made you cry?
Just one?! OK, book that made me laugh (it’s too easy to pick a satire/humour novel, right?)… an unexpected book that made me laugh was Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.
And a book that made me cry (a lot) was The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli.
If you had to describe yourself in three characters, which ones would they be?
Oooh, I love this question!!
Ok, I am Hermione from Harry Potter (rule follower and book nerd), Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke and Bone (sarcastic, punkish, and very short), and Adam Parrish from The Raven Cycle (hard worker, mostly invisible, wishes I could be magical, and in love with Ronan Lynch).
What’s your favorite thing about spring?
The promise of summer!
List one thing that’s made you happy that happened this year.
My new job! I’m really enjoying it!
Three Things About Me
- I have learnt to be unashamedly myself (but it has taken a while). This includes having blue hair, tattoos and piercings. I used to be scared that people would judge me. Now I hope that they judge me on my values, skills and attributes rather than assume the worst!
- I listen to (and love) a very eclectic range of music. I primarily listen to old Fall Out Boy music (Take This to Your Grave and From Under the Cork Tree), but also The Wombats, Karnivool, Hilltop Hoods, Taylor Swift, The Fratellis, Green Day, Amy Shark, Drapht, The Dandy Warhols, Linkin Park, Mayday Parade, Tonic and Jack White. However, one of my fave song is Forces by Japanese Wallpaper (it’s also my wedding song) – link below.
- I played a lot of field hockey when I was young. (I’m running out of things to tell you guys about me!)
Oh, this is always the hardest part for me!!
Taylor @ Nerd Narration | Sofii @ A Book. A Thought.
Kal @ Reader Voracious | Isabelle @ Bookwyrm Bites
Siobhan @ Siobhan’s Novelties | Shanah @ The Bionic Bookworm
Malanie @ Malanie Loves Fiction | Sarah Ames Foley
Destiny @ Howling Libraries | JR @ Eternity Books
Kathy @ Pages Below the Vaulted Sky | Inge @ Of Wonderland
Rain @ BookDragonism | Evelyn @ Evelyn Reads
Questions for nominees
- If you had to describe yourself in three characters, which ones would they be?
- What’s one of your fave songs? (and share the clip if it’s got one!)
- What’s your go-to book recommendation?
- List three things you are either grateful for, or that you like about yourself.
- [Bonus/funny question] If you could take any animal and make it the size of another animal, what would you choose, and why?
My best blog posts
My fave blog post is one I published this week. It’s my interview with C. G. Drews (link below). It’s my fave because I feel like it’s helped me turn the corner from newbie blogger (a status I have given myself for years) to amateur blogger. Like, people might actually read my blog because I kind of have things to say. I’m also really proud of my two discussion posts, and probably my review of Godsgrave because I was quoted by the publishers when they were promoting it.
- Author interview with C. G. Drews
- Rowling is appeasing fans by shoehorning diversity into HP
- Main Character deaths are necessary
- Godsgrave – Jay Kristoff
Until next time, happy reading ??