WWW Wednesday – 21 August 2019
Good morning bookworms!
Welcome to this week’s WWW Wednesday! What is this, you ask? Well, it’s a weekly meme hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words. All you have to do is answer the three following questions:
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What are you currently reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
ARC August might continue, but I’ve been taking a mini hiatus from it to reread The Nevernight Chronicle as Darkdawn came out in Australia on Monday. However, because I was so sick last week it’s taken me since last Wednesday to read the first 250 pages of Nevernight, and as we all know, it’s a 427 page book, so I’m still a ways off… (fingers crossed for a finish by tonight!)
Which ultimately means, I didn’t finish anything this week.
It also means that I am basically only reading Nevernight of the below list!!
However, I did run a poll on my Insta stories on Monday/Tuesday to see if everyone thought I should continue with the reread, or ditch it and jump straight to Darkdawn… and the results were a dead even 50:50. Literally, every time I got a vote to swing it one way, the next person swung it back. (Basically telling me that my Instagram friends are evil and want me to suffer.)
Key: ? physical book | ? ebook | ? audiobook | ? webcomic | ? ARC August
- Nevernight – Jay Kristoff (reread) ?
- ? StepSister – Jennifer Donnelly (thanks Hotkey) ? – 22%
- ? DEV1AT3 – Jay Kristoff (thanks Jay) ? – 32%
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine – Gail Honeyman ? – 2%
- Siege and Storm – Leigh Bardugo ? – 13%
- The Falconer – Elizabeth May ? – 7%
- Ace of Shades – Amanda Foody ? – 11%
- Stormdancer – Jay Kristoff ? – 21%
However, something that has just struck me as mildly concerning, is that I now have THREE currently reading books by Jay Kristoff. Hypotheses:
- Having experienced Nevernight and Godsgrave (and knowing the final outcome for Mia in Darkdawn), I am now hesitant to finish anything as I know I will be subject to pain.
- The stories are too good for me to finish (also why I am holding off on reading Darkdawn?).
- I hate finishing books, and this is a huge coincidence.
- Ooooh, something shiny!
I admit that I do now have 16 (there was a new one added) ARCs to read, and I AM getting to them, I promise. However, I want to finish this reread, and then despair while reading Darkdawn, so this will be my ACTUAL reading next list.
Key: ? physical book | ? ebook | ? audiobook | ? webcomic
- Godsgrave – Jay Kristoff (reread) ?
- Darkdawn – Jay Kristoff ?
I’m also waiting for Sam to post ? I’m busy with a reread of A Spark of White Fire and am really enjoying the All Out anthology!
Oh I’ve seen that anthology around!! I hope it’s really good!!
It’s so good! I’m not that used to anthologies, but I do think that this has more stories than the usual amount? Which I’m not bothered by, or anything ?
I hope you feel better soon!
I’m so jealous that Australia already has Darkdawn! (but it makes sense..)
I’m currently listening to rebels of gold, and have to decide on my physical read!
Oooh, good luck!! (If it makes you feel any better, I still haven’t started Darkdawn!)
So many Kristoff’s books going on there! ?
I know!! It’s borderline shameful!! ?
Beware Of The Reader
You haven’t read dev1at3 yet???? Oh come on Meeghan! You had the ARC!!!! LOL
I know!! I actually haven’t read any of it since March ??
Great post!! im soo interested to see how you find Eleanor the Oliphant!
I really need to read it. It’s shameful how long ago I started it, and haven’t read any since!!