White chocolate cheesecake
So this is what I use as my base (not baked) chocolate cheesecake recipe. It has a simple flavour and it is easily adjustable to make several variants, which I am sure you will see a few of in later blog posts.
- 250g plain chocolate cookies (I use Arnott’s chocolate ripple)
- 100g melted butter
- 375g cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 200g white chocolate* (melted)
- Grease 22cm or 9″ cake tin.
- Add biscuits to food processor and blend to fine crumbs.
- Mix butter into crumbs until even consistency.
- Press butter crumb mixture evenly into the base of the cake tin. Place into the refrigerator.
- Add gelatine powder to glass with boiling water. Stir until dissolved and leave to one side.
- Add cream cheese, caster sugar, vanilla and cream to medium-sized bowl and beat until creamy and even.
- Add slightly cooled gelatine mixture and white chocolate and continue to beat.
- Take base from refrigerator and pour cheesecake mixture over the top.
- Return to refrigerator to set. I usually leave overnight to make sure.
* Note: I don’t believe in cooking chocolate as I think it tastes strange. For this I use Cadbury Dream 200g blocks.
Looks soooo good! 🙂 Thanks for sharing! xx