Versatile Blogger Award
Good morning bookworms!
About a week ago I was tagged by the lovely Siobhan in the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you so much Siobhan, I’m so happy to be tagged!!
The Versatile Blogger Award, an award given to bloggers by bloggers, is a fun way to discover new blogs. So, I hope everyone who has recently discovered my blog is enjoying my content!!
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award, congrats!
- Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate those for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, list 7 things about yourself
Simples! (Although 15 is like, a lot!)
7 things about me
Ummmm… ok, 7 things about me (that are relatively interesting)…
- I have 8 tattoos, only 2 of which are visible, but because I have designed the majority of them, they tend to flow into each other and so it only looks like I have 4-5. I got my most recent one in Dublin when we were on our honeymoon.
- I lived in the UK for a year when I was 19/20. I was primarily in the Lake District in Cumbria, and a tiny stint in Blackpool. I worked at hotels (that had staff quarters so I didn’t have to find somewhere to live as well).
- I have 3 kitties and they have their own instagram account. I try not to be a crazy cat lady, but I do love them lots. They are my fur babies. Although one of them drives me crazy when I’m on my computer (like now). He thinks I’m petting the keyboard and mouse and he gets SO JEALOUS. And then he lies on them so I touch him the same way. He’s so weird…
- I love music almost as much as I love books, and have been to a LOT of music festivals and concerts. I have worked in nightclubs and bars and I definitely prefer my music loud (which my husband hates).
- I am becoming far more introverted the older I get. I hate crowds. I hate going places. I don’t like hanging out with large groups of people. It takes longer for me to get to know new people. I frequently talk in sarcasm, and if you don’t know me then it’s probably weirdly off-putting. I used to be the life of the party (and go to music festivals surrounded by literal HORDES OF STRANGERS. TOUCHING ME. GROSS.) However, I love blog people… probably because I’m far nicer on a keyboard?! I’m basically an anti-troll…
- My top 4 most read authors are, in order:
- Janet Evanovich (63 books)
- Terry Pratchett (44 books)
- Charlaine Harris (39 books)
- James Patterson (36 books)
- … and I wouldn’t consider any of them my favourites, nor would I consider crime fiction to be something that I really love?! Also, I know 4 is a weird number, but I think after these 4, the numbers per author drop pretty dramatically to around 19… and there are a few around this number. This is also not counting children’s books otherwise the list would be more like: Ann M Martin, Enid Blyton, R L Stine and whoever wrote the Saddle Club and Sweet Valley books…
- I’m scared of reading hype books in case I hate them, which is why I have so many of them still on my TBR. I have full series of books that I just keep looking at and thinking “I can’t read you… it’s too intimidating… what if I hate you? Or worse, what if I don’t understand you?!” (Also, yes, I have conversations in my head…)
So… that got weirdly honest… and kind of awkward?!
Arghh! I hate doing this… ok, 15 blogs… I can do this!! This is a mix of new blogs I have discovered, and blogs I have followed for a while that I love. (Also, I’m really sorry if I don’t tag you, it doesn’t mean that I don’t love and appreciate your blog!)
Isabelle | Mel | Megan | Sarah | Luna
Michaela | Asha | Kaleena | Lili | Sam
Kat | May | Marie | Sarah | Rain
Until next time, happy reading! ??
Siobhan @ Novelties
Yup, we’re definitely twins. I can’t stand going out anymore ?
And your cats are on Instagram!!! I almost screamed!
Yes, the kitties get their own account because I was just spamming people with cat photos… ??
Aaaaw thank you for tagging me Meeghan, I’m catching up with tags and awards and I will soon do this one. 🙂 🙂 You have 8 tattoos? I’m envious. i’ll have one when I get published as an author. hehe. Also I followed your cat’s instagram. They’re so cute.
HAHAHA, the kitties will be so pleased! Thanks Lili! I didn’t get my first tattoo until I was 25 and I had been sure I wanted it for 5 years (that’s really my only criteria – I have to want it for at least 5 years before I get it)
Congrats on the award! Same here with the hype books, I wait for the storm to pass then I’ll probably read it later if I happen not to forget ?
Haha, I buy them because of the hype, but then I don’t read them… oops?!
Kaleena @ Reader Voracious
Thank you so much for the tag, and I think it is so cool you designed most of your tattoos! I have 5 and I came up with the concept for all but one of them, but definitely didn’t draw them haha. also I love that your cats have an instagram omg
Haha, thanks Kaleena! Their insta is still pretty new, but they’ve got some good followers!! x
Congratulations on the award! I also get scared of reading hyped books and sometimes push them at the very back of my TBR, because I can’t take all of the expectations I build up for them in my head hahaha. 🙂
Thank you so, so much for the nomination! <3 <3
Hahaha, that’s exactly why I have so many books at the back of my TBR!! My Beat the Backlist list is basically the “who’s who” of popular YA… ??
CG @ Paper Fury
I totally relate to the fear of hyped books ahhhh. I also WANT to love them all the time, but sometimes, *awkward silence* ?And that’s thoroughly AMAZING how many books you’ve read by those authors!! MUCH RESPECT.
I must say, I’ve really gone off Patterson and even Harris to a certain extent. Evanovich books are a guilty pleasure and each time one is released (usually in June and Nov each year) I devour it in a single sitting. Pratchett is the only one that I really love, and even though I’m supposed to be doing a Pratchett read-a-long at the moment, I’m struggling hardcore to get into the books. I think reading The Shepherd’s Crown literally broke me and I just haven’t been able to reread them since he died. *curls into foetal position and cries over mountain of Discworld books*
Gosh… that was a sad comment… ?
Kat @ Novels & Waffles
Meeghan, thank you so much for the tag! I really enjoyed reading your answers for this, and I TOTALLY get what you mean about becoming more and more introverted the older you get. I’m absolutely the same. My idea of the perfect night has become reading a book under my heated blanket haha
OMG, that is my life goal. Likely with a cup of tea and three cats. Possibly a cookie. And the husband in another room screaming in his headset while playing video games. So peaceful… ?
May @ Forever and Everly
Oh, thank you so much for the tag, Meeghan! I definitely can relate to being scared to read hyped books — usually I’m pretty on point with my predictions of how much I’ll love a book but there are always those outliers! And it’s so cool that you have tattoos! I don’t think I would ever get one (maybe a small one?) but it’s such a cool form of expression — and it’s even cooler that you designed most of them!
Thanks May!! (and you’re so welcome!!) Yes, I’ve been neglecting my creative side recently, but I do need to start drawing again.