Hello bookworms!! Happy Tuesday!! The very last Top 5 Tuesday of 2020 is a freebie!! Although, I also said that I’ll be doing a Top 5 Tuesday 2020 wrap-up for the year, just like I did in 2019.
For a wrap-up, I usually just go through all the previous weeks where I said I would do something by the end of the year, and we see how I went. Last year I had a final tally of accomplishing 13/44 things. (I don’t remember how I got 44 out of a bunch of 5’s, but I also didn’t read the whole post.) So let’s see if I can beat it this year!! (Unlikely, but maybe there will be a miracle?!)
Top 5 Tuesday 2020 wrap-up
Yes, fine. This was technically a 2019 post, but I wanted to see if I had actually read any of these books yet! Books I listed were:
- Sorcery of Thorns – Margaret Rogerson ?
- The Bone Witch – Rin Chupeco ?
- Wicked Fox – Kat Cho ?
- Aurora Rising – Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff ✅
- Call Down the Hawk – Maggie Stiefvater ?
Result: 1 / 5
Ahhh… my sweet, naïve baby self back in 2019. I thought I would get to all of these in 2020. But alas, it never happened. I will say that I made a conscious decision NOT to read the Stiefvater books until the third one is nearing release though, so expect this one to remain on my TBR for a while.
OK, January here we go. Shall I be making good with the resolutions??
- A Darker Shade of Magic – V. E. Schwab ✅
- Wintersong – S. Jae-Jones ?
- Letters to the Lost – Brigid Kemmerer ?
- Ninth House – Leigh Bardugo ?
- The Wicker King – K. Ancrum ?
Result: 1 / 5
The worst part of this, is that I’m pretty impressed that I even read 1 out of the 5. Especially since it was ADSOM, as I had tried to read it about 4 times by this stage. Have I started the next book in the trilogy?? No.
To be fair to myself, this post was only done in November, but it did contain books that I was certain I would finish the year off with…
- Burn – Patrick Ness ?
- Check Please Vol 2: Sticks and Scones – Ngozi Ukazu ?
- Heartbreak Boys – Simon James Green ?
- Please Don’t Hug Me – Kay Kerr ?
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender – Leslye Walton ?
Result: 0 / 5
Well, 0 from 5 is … pretty awful. Although, this is me that we’re talking about. I am well known for writing a TBR and then not reading a single thing on it. In fact, if it’s on my TBR there’s probably a higher chance that I won’t read it than if it’s not there.
Grand total: 2 / 15
Honestly, I’m not too surprised. 2020 has been a year, and to be quite frank, I’m looking forward to sweeping it under the rug and forgetting it ever happened.
Surprisingly, that was all the lists we did this year. Which means two things:
- This was a very short (and easy wrap-up), and
- Next year you can guarantee* there will be more lists in the months!
* Not a guarantee. I will likely forget by the time I do the February topics.
Jillian the Bookish Butterfly Blog: Top 5 bookish/reading habits I picked up in 2020
The Punk Connection: Top 5 Top 5 Tuesday posts
The Book Connection: Top 5 books to inspire/motivate
Hail and Well Read: Top 5 posts of 2020
Becky Bookstore: Check in: Top 5 books on my TBR from November 2019
How were all your predictions for 2020??
Did you read what you thought you would??