Good evening bookworms!
I was tagged by the lovely J R @ Eternity Books a couple of weeks ago to do the Bookish Adventure Tag. Please go check out JR’s blog because it’s really beautiful! Sorry it’s taken me so long to do this tag!
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Imagine that you are an intrepid literary adventurer – braving the harsh bookish wilderness, traversing jungles of pages and slashing through vines of words. Where in the vast world of books would you go?
- Write about one place mentioned in a book you wish you could visit and why.
- List 3-5 things that you would do there.
- Mention which souvenirs, if any, you would bring back with you.
- Then tag some more literary explorers, and please link back to the creator (Umairah @ Sereadipity) so she can see all of your adventures!
I’ve actually been thinking about this one a lot, and I’ve come to a decision. I would basically die in 98.4% of the fantasy book worlds that I read about. Don’t get me wrong, they sound amazing! And if I could get a tour, but be in a bullet-proof, stab-free bubble, then I am up for visiting all of them. But to just go and live in one? That’s a harder decision to make.
But, I have found a solution.
I would love to adventure in the city of Nevermoor.
To be fair, we don’t really know all that much about it (there are only 2 books out presently and Mog hasn’t had much of a chance to explore), but I would definitely stay at the Hotel Deucalion. Reasons:
- the parties that Frank creates sound amazing (also I want to jump off the roof with an umbrella)
- the smoking room (not what it sounds like, but also exactly what it sounds like it)
- Fenestra the Magnificat, and
- the chandelier in the lobby.
I would also want to go see the Wundrous skyscraper made of water, and I want to see the Wunder Society, even if it’s just from the outside. (But seriously, can I go to school there, please?) Also I want to go down one of the alleys that do weird things and watch Hawthorne fly dragons. Annnnd, I want to see the Black Parade! (Probably more to do with my love of My Chemical Romance, but the book makes it sound cool too.) Oh, and I want to go to the Nevermoor Bazaar!
Oooh, ok. Souvenirs I would bring back include a WunSoc pin, and an umbrella, and I want to bring back something from the hotel. Maybe Fenestra?
Sofii @ A Book. A Thought. | Sophie @ Beware the Reader
Destiny @ Howling Pages | Isabelle @ Bookwyrm Bites
Stephanie @ Chasm of Books | Aki @ The Bibliophile District
Crimson @ Read at Night | Meaghan @ Words Gremlin
Sam @ Sleepy Sam Reads | Drew @ The Tattooed Book Geek
Which fictional place would you like to visit?!
Until next time, happy reading 😊📚