Good morning bookworms!
I was tagged by the super lovely Lili @ Lili’s Blissful Pages to do this, which is pretty awesome, because I was just thinking “everyone has done this tag except me!” So, perfect timing Lili! (See Joe, you weren’t the last!)
- Tag and link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me (the creator) if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers – Jenn
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people (I couldn’t find 10 people who hadn’t done this… but I tried!)
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it
I have received unsolicited ARCs and published books from publishers and not read/reviewed them… so I guess the answer is technically yes… BUT I have reviewed the ones I ask for/agreed to review. ?
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
I’m on Netgalley, but I’ve not requested anything (I’m waiting for my life to calm down… ????) so this one doesn’t really apply to me. ?
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
Technically yes, but I do still plan on reviewing them! ?
4. Folded down the page of a book
Absolutely. I was an evil child who never carried bookmarks. That was also how I used to tab favourite pages. You can all be assured that I have grown up and now use actually tabs and bookmarks! ?
5. Accidentally spilled on a book
Yes. Food and drink. Plus one of my cats sneezed on a book once while it was laying on my shoulders. That was gross. ?
6. DNF a book this year
Yeeeeeeessss… BUT I do plan on finishing it! ?
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
Yes… BUT it was a limited edition copy of a book I already own and have read… so, does this even count? ?
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
Yes. *glances at giant pile of laundry I have been ignoring while reading this morning* ?
9. Skim read a book
Hahahahaha. Yes. Sorry Terry Pratchett. ?
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
NO!! (Finally!) I’ve never missed my goodreads goal since joining (in 2015)! ?
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it
Yes… in fact, I once borrowed a library book and lost it, and had to pay the library to replace the book. And then I found it like a year later and kept it. Again, I was an evil child… ?
12. Broke a book buying ban
Umm, yes. ?
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
Hahahaha. I currently have 50 draft posts waiting for me. I’ll need to skim read half the books to remember what I liked and didn’t like about them. I do try and write reviews after I finish books, but it’s usually 2am when that happens and I need sleep too… ?
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
In high school when I was reading books for English. However, I always bought my own copy to annotate and didn’t do it in the school’s copies. ?
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Yes. Mostly for beta reads (because they don’t exist yet), but sometimes also for trashy romance novels… ?
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
Well, technically yes. BUT I don’t like to borrow from people because I’m a mood reader, but my husband’s best friend forced some books on me to read and I haven’t returned them yet (because I haven’t read them). That was about 4.5 years ago. (He does still talk to us.) ?
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
No. As I said before, I’m not really a reader who borrows from others (and then reads the book). ?
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
Yes. I always remove the jacket to read, and then occasionally I’ll drip or spill something on the cover. But then the dust jacket hides it when I put it back on! ?
20. Sat on a book accidentally
Probably. But, as a bookmark user it really doesn’t matter. ?
17/20 – Oh my god, I am so naughty… I also had to count the results THREE times because I am in awe of my score… Please don’t unfollow me! I’m also hoping Santa will still bring me books!! Which, you know, probably HIGHLY unlikely now!!
Umm, I’ve tried to find some of my people who haven’t done this, but if you haven’t and you want to (and you’re not ashamed of your score), please let me know and I will tag you! And if I have tagged you – no pressure!!
- Kayla @ Books and Blends
- Emma Reads
- Michaela @ Journey into Books
- Nicole @ A Myriad of Books
- Heather @ The Sassy Book Geek
- Vicky Who Reads
- Kaleena @ Reader Voracious
- Sleepy Sam Reads
Until next time, I’m gonna go hide in a cave and cry… but happy reading! ??