Summer in Australia can be brutal – and as we move towards the end of the seemingly constant stream of 30°C plus days, I felt the need to indulge in a light, cool dessert. Lo and behold, the mixed berry cheesecake. Yum!
- 250g plain biscuits (I use Arnott’s Butternut Snap, so an ‘oaty’ biscuit is great)
- 100g butter
- 250g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups mixed berries (frozen or fresh is fine)
- Crush biscuits in a food processor, mix with butter and then press firmly into a 22cm or 9″ cake tin. Place in refrigerator to set for 20-30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until mixed well.
- Add thickened cream, lemon zest, juice, and gelatine, and continue to beat.
- Fold in berries and then pour onto base.
- Return to refrigerator for 4-5 hours or until set.
- Eat all of this.