Liebster Award #3
Good morning bookworms!
The gorgeous Siobhan @ Siobhan’s Novelties has tagged me in the Liebster Award. Thank you Siobhan!!! I’ve done this one a couple of times now, but as the questions always change it never feels old. (And I love that!!) If you aren’t following Siobhan’s blog, then please go and amend that error now – it’s filled with some really great content (her Top 10 Tuesday posts are usually really funny and right on the mark)!
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
What was your most recent DNF book?
Definitely Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick. I’m still so salty that I read 3.8 books and just gave up 60 pages from the end. (I’m not salty at myself, I’m salty at the characters for not making me care about them enough to read the end. Also that I read the books to begin with.)
Which book got you hooked onto your favourite genre?
OK, the book that got me hooked on fantasy was Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings. My neighbour when I was a kid was a librarian and when I was 12 she took me aside and said “You’re in high school now. Time to read the good books.” and I have been in love with fantasy ever since. (This series is also part of the reason I get so annoyed at prophecies, because I felt like Garion literally had no choice in his future.)
Which well-loved author do you not like?
Uhhh, I have lost a lot of respect for Sarah J Maas… *hides from everyone*
What book would you love to rewrite for whatever reason?
I would like to rewrite the final chapter of HP (yes, the Nineteen Years Later one). Not any other part of the series. I probably channel a little bit of Jay Kristoff’s ‘let them all burn’ mentality though, so it might not be a good thing for the fandom!!
If you could be one character, who would it be?
Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. No question about it.
What’s your favourite dessert?
I am trash for cake. It’s probably also why I bake a lot. But my fave cake in the world is black forest, and I’ve always been too scared to make it for myself!! That changes this year. I’m challenging myself to make it for my birthday.
Who was your first book boyfriend or girlfriend?
This is so hard for me!! Mostly because I didn’t really have a romantic interest about characters when I read books when I was young. If I had to think back though, my first book boyfriend would probably be Lee from the Tomorrow When the War Began series by John Marsden, and my book girlfriend would have been Ce’Nedra from the Belgariad by David Eddings.
What’s your most recent obsession?
Haha, bookish? Emergency Contact by Mary H. K. Choi. I can’t seem to stop shouting about it.
I also seem to be obsessed with bookish pins at the moment. Enamel ones.
If you could be transported anywhere (fictional or real), where would you go?
Definitely Nevermoor (from the Nevermoor series by Jessica Townsend). Also, I feel like I could survive in that world!!
What book or series would you love to reread for the first time?
The Foxhole Court, The Raven King and The King’s Men by Nora Sakavic. WOW. So amazing.
What’s your most hated pet peeve?
Plot points: insta-love, love triangles, too many internal thoughts.
Reading: bad editing and repetition.
Life: spitting, people who stop in the middle of main walkways, drivers who cut you off and then slow down, waiters who don’t know what ingredients are in food and then cause you to get sick (this is a recent one!!).
Random facts about me (sorry if they are repeats… I don’t know what to say about me anymore)
- I love collecting bookish mugs. I have too many for my cupboards. It annoys my husband to no end.
- I have 3 cats – 1 grey sleek, 1 black sleek, 1 black fluffy. No one can tell them apart except my husband and I. (I find this really weird.)
- I am a total Marvel nerd. I’ve already seen Endgame twice.
- I’m going to be 36 this year, but no one believes me because I still act like a child, I have no children of my own, and I have really nice skin.
- I like video games, but I prefer games like The Sims and Stardew Valley because I am super uncoordinated and they don’t need me to have any skill at hitting a target. (Also, I have a god complex…)
- The spelling of my name is Welsh but my dad thought he made it up.
- I have 11 piercings.
- Of all the colours I’ve ever had, I love having my hair dyed blue the most.
- I have 8 tattoos, but group them so it looks more like 4 pieces.
- I am a paradox of musical tastes. My fave artists are Fall Out Boy, The Wombats, Karnivool, Taylor Swift, Eminem, Mayday Parade, Kisschasy, Hilltop Hoods, Linkin Park and the Goo Goo Dolls.
- Cadbury Pineapple Chocolate is the best thing on the face of the earth.
Tagging and Questions
Anthony @ Keep Reading Forward | Steph @ A little but a lot
Sofii @ A Book. A Thought. | Evelyn @ Evelyn Reads
Asha @ A Cat, a Book, and a Cup of Tea | JR @ Eternity Books
Isabelle @ Bookwyrm Bites | Sophie @ Beware of the Reader
Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane | Kathy @ Pages Below the Vaulted Sky
Jayati @ Just A Coffee Addicted Bibliophile
Your questions are:
- If you had to describe yourself in three characters, which ones would they be?
- What was the last book you DNF’ed?
- How many books are on your TBR?
- Which character would you swap lives with?
- Who is your favourite villain and why?
- What’s your go-to book recommendation?
- What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence?
- What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
- What was the last book you read that made you cry?
- Which fictional character do you think would be the most frustrating to meet in real life?
- What social stigma do you think society needs to get over?
PHEW!! The good news is, that I think I only have 19,000 more tags to catch up on!! If you’re still with me, please let me know if you’d like to be tagged in one of them!!
Until next time, happy reading ??
J R Lynn
Thank you so much Meegs!! You can definitely tag me for any more tags that you do and I’ll try to get to them once I’m back ❤❤❤
??? (come back soon!!)
Ah I get what you mean about the hush, hush series! I’m salty I read that too 😉 I absolutely love Karou as well!
Is that bad?? I mean, I’m sure Hush Hush would have been great if I had read it when I was 13… maybe? ?
Sofii @ A Book. A Thought.
Thank you SO much for tagging me, honey! ❤️
OMG, I also want to be Karou!!, I LOVE that book so much ?
I already love your questions and I’m super excited to answer them ?
YAAAAAAAYY!! Karou is the greatest, and you are SO welcome for the tag. You deserve all the awards!
Thanks love!! ?
Thank you so, so much for tagging me! <3 I'm also ALL for cake, black forest is way too good ahhh. and Emergency Contact is one of my favorite reads ever <3 <3
YAAAAY!! So glad your another cake lover. Cake is the greatest. And Emergency Contact. Sam and Penny are just so squish-able!!
Isabelle @ BookwyrmBites
“I’m salty at the characters for not making me care enough to finish the book” is SUCH a huge mood – like nope, it’s not me, it’s you, and why did I spend so much time on you … honestly fear of this might be why I keep putting off finishing series, especially since I know I don’t tend to love the Grand Finale / Boss Battle ?
when I read HP fic it’s usually Marauders era or Epilogue What Epilogue (EWE), so honestly I totally feel you. I’ve grown quite fond of the ambiguous / open ending rather than “X and Y get married and have three children named A, B, and L, and also W and Z get married then divorced, and also …” (basically I think JKR created something awesome but needs to step back and let it stand on its own. fanon > canon.)
PEOPLE WHO SPIT ON THE SIDE OF THE STREET. PEOPLE WHO WALK SUPER SLOWLY AND/OR STOP. PEOPLE, FULL STOP. ugh. ?
these are super fun facts, and ooooooh the questions are awesome too. thank you for nominating me! ?
a. BEST COMMENT EVER.
b. I think I need you to send me some of this fanfic. I mostly read Drarry… ?
c. Yes, people are annoying.
d. You’re welcome!! ?
Thank you so much for tagging me! I’m so excited to finally get a Lobster Award!
Omg, I meant Liebster Award (stupid auto correct) lol.
??? no!! I think we should change it to Lobster Award!! That’s the greatest!
Ally Writes Things
Okay I totally agree about the Hush, Hush series! I never bothered reading Finale (mainly because I didn’t know it existed until last summer and then didn’t want to bother), but the characters had started annoying me in the second book so I didn’t think it would get any better
It goes downhill, if anything!
Kathy @ Pages Below the Vaulted Sky
GAH sorry it took me so long to get to this, Meeghan! I had a tiny car accident and ended up taking a mini break.
“Time to read the good books.” Your librarian neighbour sounds amazing. ?
I LOVE baking and would love to try making a black forest cake sometime, but multiple decker cakes are just so daunting for me. And omg Cadbury Pineapple Chocolate looks heavenly and decadent and I’m very mad that it’s not available in Canada. Why do we never import the good stuff??
KATHY!!! I hope you’re ok, car accidents can be really scary things.
I have recently started to get the hang of layer cakes (I made a rainbow layer cake for a friend’s daughter’s birthday and it turned out really well!) so I’m keen to get my black forest on soon!!
I could always post you a goodie box – let me know if you’re keen. I love putting them together!! ?
Kathy @ Pages Below the Vaulted Sky
It was just a little collision in a parking lot and no one was hurt (thankfully!) but now I’m super anxious about driving anywhere lol.
And ooooh I am VERY keen! <3 If the postage isn't too much, that is!