June ’18 book haul
Birthday month! ??????
Which means that I got a LOT of books this month. Please sit back, and enjoy the splurge…
As usual, we are splitting this into three sections: book boxes, book mail, and in-store book purchases (which will also include in-person gifts this month).
June book boxes
So, turns out most of my book boxes for June are delayed. In fact, all of them bar one have still not arrived…
- OwlCrate’s June box theme was Summer Lovin’, and contained From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon with an exclusive cover (shown below).
- My May LitJoy ‘book only’ box arrived in June as well (as mentioned last month). The theme was Dark Kingdom and the book included was Onyx and Ivory by Mindee Arnett (yes, that was a double up with FairyLoot).
At the time of publishing, I am still waiting on LitJoy, FairyLoot, Fanciful Box and The YA Chronicles’ June boxes.
June book mail
So, here we see the majority of my own birthday shopping (these are marked with an asterisk). There is still more coming, but this is the first batch, plus some others I purchased, and one I was sent.
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson *
- Royals by Rachel Hawkins *
- Autoboyography by Christina Lauren *
- The Seafarer’s Kiss by Julia Ember *
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows *
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber *
- Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau *
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott *
- Good Wives by Louisa May Alcott *
- Little Men by Louisa May Alcott *
- Jo’s Boys by Louisa May Alcott *
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- The Crowns of Croswald by D. E. Night (sent from the author for an honest review)
- Fence issue #7 by C. S. Pacat (subscription)
June book purchases (in person)
Not much to say about this one. These are the books I purchase in person and also ebooks, except I have also added in books I received as gifts for my birthday this month. These are also marked with an asterisk!
- Dawn Study by Maria V Snyder
- The Princess Trap by Talia Hibbert (kindle)
- Death: At Death’s Door by Jill Thompson *
- Rat Queens Vol 1 by Kurtis Wiebe *
So, it was a pretty successful birthday month (if I do say so myself). I’ve also read a number of these already, as despite my recent slump, I read 5 books in the last week!
Meaghan @ Words Gremlin
Holy smokes, that’s an impressive haul! But birthday months really deserve lots of birthday books, right? And it looks like you’ve got some great books ahead of you!
Oooo! The cover of onyx & ivory is so nice!! Quite the haul you got there. I’m excited to get to Autobiography. I’ve been hearing really good things about it! Can’t wait to hear what you think about these! ??