Good morning bookworms!
I have been a bad blogger!! Kind of… I mean, I’ve been busy this week, and I’ve come to the very end of all my pre-written, scheduled posts… so I missed a couple of posts this week!! But I’m also trying hard not to kick myself for this as well!!
During the month of July I participated in Book Ending Summer, and Tidyathon! Clo @ Book Dragons and Sam @ Fictionally Sam did a fabulously amazing job organising #BookEndingSummer, and I did three posts. These were:
There were so many other amazing tags and items that people completed. I don’t know if there’s a list anywhere, but let me know if you want to see some of the others and I’ll see what I can do for you!
I totally went overboard on my list of goals, especially as I completely forgot about them until about the last week of August, so I was doing lots of reading and blogging and general life admin that week! (And now I need a holiday!)
- ✅ Catch up on blog-hopping (seriously, I have like 300 unread blog posts in my emails at the moment) I did catch up, but now I’m a little behind again…
- ✅ Update spreadsheets and make them all a little easier to transition between (maybe merge some?! Do I need 6 different ones?) I merged all of my spreadsheets into TWO files, with a lot of tabs… I don’t actually know if this is better or not… but we’ll see how it works over the next couple of weeks…
- ✅ Transfer reviews to Goodreads and other sites I actually did this one!!
- ✅ Submit the rest of the outstanding Beat-the-Backlist books for Ravenclaw Yes to this too (and apologies to my team… hopefully we’re doing a bit better now…
- ❌ Figure out what you’re doing with your FIFTY-TWO DRAFT POSTS I mean… I kind of looked over this… There’s now 46 draft posts… but I do need to do better at it! (by the way, the reason I have so many is that every time someone tags me in something I create a new post and add it to my drafts pile… so there’s actually not a bunch of draft book reviews… just 19 book tags, 3 Liebster Awards, 6 Sunshine awards, 7 ideas for discussion posts, and, well, the rest are half written book reviews!!
- ✅ Fix templates Complete!
- ✅ Update blog schedule Complete! (It remains to be seen if I stick to this)
- ✅ Write an actual review schedule note instead of using post-it notes that aren’t sticky anymore and the Fluff keeps eating Complete! Well… I added it into my blog schedule, so it’s the same thing!
- ✅ Finish making rainbow shelves Complete!
- ✅ Find camera charger and charge camera battery Complete!
- ❌ Update old blog posts with new headers (maybe fix old ratings to new 5 star version?) Uhh, nope. I think I fixed 3 blog headers…
- ❌ Update review policy and ratings I didn’t even look at this…
- ❌ Sort all the book merch you have just shoved into boxes and drawers and on shelves If by ‘sort’ I meant shove it all into book boxes and then stack them on one of my shelves, then yes! But, in all seriousness, this is a huge problem…
I think this was … mostly (?!) successful!! I am very much looking forward to joining again for Book Ending Fall! 🍂🎃
Read 65 of 90 books.
Definitely on track!!
(And no, this doesn’t count the beta I read this year…)
Read 41 of 50 books.
(There is a column on the original list where I have marked off the books I have read.)
Beat the Backlist Epic Reading Bingo
Slow, but steady progress… in case you haven’t figured it out, I am attempting to hit every square on this, not just a row or column. There are so many books on here that could just fill 2-3 lines, but I’m going for books that hit random prompts first to try and get the harder ones out of the way early!
Read 10 of 10 books!!!
GOAL COMPLETE!!! (Anything after this is now a bonus, but I am adding that Tarsier to my blog!!
January: Free read: The Wicked King by Holly Black
February: Sports Romance: The Foxhole Court – Nora Sakavic
March: Re-read an old favorite*: Back After the Break – Anita Notaro
April: Single Word Title*: Geekerella – Ashley Poston
May: New-to-You Author*: The Hating Game – Sally Thorne
June: Fantasy*: The Eyes of Tamburah – Maria V Snyder
July: Movie Adaptation: Shadow and Bone – Leigh Bardugo
August: Tear Jerker
September: Book with a cover you like
October: Recommended by a friend
November: On your TBR for a long time
December: A book with your favorite trope
* uhhhh… I might be switching some of the prompts around… but only because I have only looked at this AFTER the month is over 🙈 (Sorry Sophie!!!)
New books will be listed in BLUE each month.
A: Always Never Yours – Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka
B: The Boy Who Steals Houses – C.G. Drews
C: A Curse So Dark and Lonely – Brigid Kemmerer
D: Darkwood – Gabby Hutchinson Crouch
E: Emergency Contact – Mary H. K. Choi
F: The Foxhole Court – Nora Sakavic
G: Geekerella – Ashley Poston
H: The Hating Game – Sally Thorne
I: Isla and the Happily Ever After – Stephanie Perkins
K: The King’s Men – Nora Sakavic
L: Lola and the Boy Next Door – Stephanie Perkins
M: Memento – Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
N: Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow – Jessica Townsend
P: The Prince and the Dressmaker – Jen Wang
R: The Raven King – Nora Sakavic
S: The Summer of Jordi Perez – Amy Spalding
T: The Tea Dragon Society – Katie O’Neill
W: The Wicked King – Holly Black
Ooof… we are getting to the pointy end of the year and I am still 8 books short!!
So, after finishing PINK and BLUE last month, I can now tick off ORANGE and BROWN this month!! (And no, I still don’t know what this means!!)
*PHEW!* I think I might need to cut back on challenges next year!! 😂