Good morning bookworms!
As usual, we are splitting this into three sections: book boxes, book mail (online purchases that arrived), and book purchases (ebooks and in-store), PLUS because I received some gorgeous things in the mail, I’ve added another section ‘Other bookish items’.
January book boxes
I subscribe to three monthly boxes: OwlCrate, FairyLoot and the book-only subscription for LitJoy. Here is what arrived in January (including those pesky December leftovers):
- Owlcrate’s January theme was Magical Artifacts, and the book was The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi (normal cover below – apologies, I couldn’t find a nice picture of the OwlCrate exclusive cover)
- FairyLoot’s January theme was Unbreakable Bonds, and the book contained was Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye
- LitJoy’s January theme was Pirate Thief, and the book contained was Ship of Smoke and Steel by Django Wexler, and it also included a second book: Brightly Burning by Alexa Donne
- LitJoy’s December theme was Fallen Kingdom, and the book contained was Once A King by Ellen Summerill
- FairyLoot’s December theme was Dragons, and the book contained was Fire and Heist by Sarah Beth Durst, and it also came with a second books – an ARC of The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson
- I also ordered the OwlCrate The Wicked King box with the cover to match The Cruel Prince OwlCrate hardcover and it is so beautiful.
Annnnnd I also ordered the FaeCrate special box of The Wicked King, but alas, they had an issue with an item so I am still waiting on that one.
January book mail
Not so quiet month on book mail, which was nice, and I’ve already finished two of them:
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer (thank you Bloomsbury)
- Widows’ Revenge by Lynda La Plante (thank you Allen and Unwin)
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Chris Riddell
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- The House With Chicken Legs by Sophie Anderson
- The Foxhole Court, The Raven King and The King’s Men by Nora Sakavic
January book purchases
In terms of physical book purchases, this month I bought:
- The Wicked King by Holly Black (Aus paperback)
- Becoming His Monster by Amelia Hitchins (eBook)
- 101 Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm
- The Art of the Discworld by Terry Pratchett and Paul Kidby (this is legit an art book)
- Various titles by Beatrix Potter (this was just little books that match the ones I already have, but are titles I hadn’t seen before)
Other bookish items
I also ordered some items from Sandra at Four Seasons Fox that arrived in the post during January, and they are ADORABLE. I got two pins: one a gingerbread fox, and the other is a mandrake. Secondly I got two prints: the first is the Hogwarts castle, the other is inspired by the Disney castle. It is allllll so beautiful!!
So … basically I got a lot of books this month. Although most of the in-person purchases were second hand at a market in Melbourne, but the rest was totally me spending my Christmas present money (thanks mum!) and delays in international shipping over Christmas. I’m sure February will be a smaller month!!
Happy reading! ??