Good morning bookworms!
I’m switching it up a bit this month because I finally fixed my NetGalley and Edelweiss+ accounts, and now I get digital review copies! HUZZAH! So, new categories are as follows:
- book boxes
- book purchases (book mail, instore and digital)
- review copies (book mail and digital), and
- bookish merch (book related, but not actual books)
I subscribe to three monthly boxes: OwlCrate, FairyLoot and the book-only subscription for LitJoy. Here is what arrived in April, including leftover books from March:
- Owlcrate’s April theme was The Dark Side, and the book was Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan (OwlCrate exclusive cover below)
- FairyLoot’s April theme was Dark Magic, and the book was Nocturna by Maya Motayne (FairyLoot exclusive cover below)
- LitJoy’s April theme was Born Rebels, and the book was The Tiger at Midnight by Swati Teerdhala
- FairyLoot’s March theme was Favourites, and the box contained TWO books:
- To Best the Boys by Mary Weber, and
- Viper by Bex Hogan
- Litjoy’s March theme was Superman, and contained Superman: Dawnbreaker by Matt de la Peña
Very busy month at book launches… I don’t usually go to this many!!
- The Internet is a Playground – David Thorne (signed copy)
- Four Dead Queens – Astrid Scholte (yes, I did get a copy last month with OwlCrate, but I got a signed, personalised copy when she did the book launch in Melbourne
- The Place on Dalhousie – Melina Marchetta (also signed and personalised at a book launch in Melbourne)
- Aurora Rising – Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (signed and personalised at a book launch in Melbourne)
- Ice Wolves – Amie Kaufman (signed and personalised)
- Scorch Dragons – Amie Kaufman (signed and personalised)
OK, so I am getting more and more physical copies (thank you Aussie publishers), but also lots of new shiny digital copies (thank you Netgalley and Edelweiss+), so there are TWO emojis that will help distinguish: ? is physical, and ? is digital (in lieu of an iPad).
- StepSister – Jennifer Donnelly ? (thank you HotKey)
- Orpheus Girl – Brynne Rebele-Henry ? (Edelweiss+)
- Friend or Fiction – Abby Cooper ? (Netgalley)
- Shadow Frost – Coco Mia ? (Netgalley)
- Small Kingdoms and Other Stories – Charlaine Harris ? (Netgalley)
- Just Lucky – Melanie Florence ? (Netgalley)
- Of Rioters and Royals – M. L. Greye ? (author)
- Princess Ninjas – Dave Franchini ? (Netgalley)
- Sorry I’m Late, I Didn’t Want to Come – Jessica Pan ? (Netgalley)
- We are Blood and Thunder – Kesia Lupo ? (thank you Bloomsbury)
- What I Like about Me – Jennifer Guillaume ? (gift)
I’ve gotten WAAAAAAY more pins from a bunch of different sellers. I keep meaning to take photos, but I just haven’t done it yet (and it’s dark so early now!).
I also bought some book sleeves from Hide Your Spoons on Etsy and they are GORGEOUS. I got extra-large sleeves in the Sailor Mercury, Ravenclaw and Enchanted Castle patterns. And Fer threw in some fabric bookmarks and I love them!! (Again, lazy with the photos, but I took one at least!) I’ve got the big copies of Illuminae and Gemina (inside the book sleeve), so you can tell how big it is!
So … basically I got a lot of signed books this month. I don’t even know how this is possible…?