ABC Book Challenge: M
Good morning bookworms!
Quick life update: Remember how we moved house? Yeah, well I hurt my back lifting boxes, and then I ignored it, kind of hoping it would go away… A-HAHAHAHA. Life lesson for you all: Don’t do that. Because of my repeated ignoring, I managed to do more damage which has resulted in 3 sprained discs in my back, and really, just a lot of pain. Hence my sudden disappearance again!! But I’m on the mend again, so fingers crossed I can finally catch up and finish all the half drafted posts I’ve been writing!
Ok, back to the post! During 2019 I am participating in the ABC Book Challenge! Previous letters:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L
Please keep in mind that books that literally start with ‘A’, ‘An’ or ‘The’ will be posted in the group of the second word, as per the A-Z Reading Challenge, and my entire movie collection.
This is a really short one today, so without any further ado, let’s continue with the letter M.
Books that I enjoyed that start with the letter M
- Mad About the Boy – Maggie Alderson
- Magic Study – Maria V Snyder
- Magician – Raymond E. Feist
- Magician’s Gambit – David Eddings
- Marked for the Hunt – Leah Chiasson
- Maskerade – Terry Pratchett
- Metro Girl – Janet Evanovich (and the sequel Motor Mouth)
- Midnight Crossing – Charlaine Harris
- Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
- Monday’s Child – Louise Bagshawe
- Mort – Terry Pratchett
- Mr Kiss and Tell – Rob Thomas
- My True Love Gave to Me – anthology edited by Stephanie Perkins
Books on my TBR that start with the letter M
- MacKenzie Fire – Elle Casey *
- The Management Style of the Supreme Beings – Tom Holt
- Match Me If You Can – Tiana Smith *
- Midnight Beauties – Megan Shepherd *
- A Million Worlds with You – Claudia Gray
- The Miniaturist – Jessie Burton
- Mirage – Somaiya Daud
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs
- More Happy Than Not – Adam Silvera *
- Morning Star – Pierce Brown
- Murder at the Mill – M. B. Shaw
- Muse of Nightmares – Laini Taylor
- My Calamity Jane – Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows *
- My Lady Jane – Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows
- My Not So Perfect Life – Sophie Kinsella
- My Plain Jane – Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows
Books marked with an * are also on my TBB (to be bought) list!
There you have it. Are any of these on your lists, or do you have any recommendations for me?
Isabelle @ BookwyrmBites
ouchhhh I hope your back heals and feels better soon ? (also, sorry but I have to say it b/c it was yelled at me for eight seasons of color & winter guard: LIFT WITH YOUR KNEES, NOT YOUR BACK ?)
hm I actually haven’t heard of most of these, except Mockingjay (of course), My True Love Gave to Me (though I can’t remember if I’ve read it or if I’m thinking of the summer anthology or maybe I’ve just read both ?), Match Me If You Can (TBR), Miss Peregrine, More Happy Than Not (not my favorite Silvera but still pretty great), Muse of Nightmares (loved even more than Strange the Dreamer).
apparently my M-titled favorites are primarily from childhood: Madeline, The Magic Half, Many Waters (one of the Wrinkle in Time books), Matilda, Maximum Ride, Midnight for Charlie Bone, The Mother-Daughter Book Club, Mysterious Benedict Society … also The Manic Pixie Dream Boy Project, the mermaid’s voice returns in this one, The Midnight Star, Mosquitoland, and Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore. My Sister’s Keeper probably also deserves a mention since it seems like all the girls in my high school were reading it, lol.
? WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I WAS LIFTING BOXES?! (I clearly need someone to come yell at me!)
I want to get a copy of the summer version of the anthology. I’ve seen it around lately. (Probably because it’s summer where you are…)
Have you done the ABC challenge? Because I am LOVING your responses to my post every fortnight!! I never read Maximum Ride, but I feel like I should. Although, the last time I did that (for Hush, Hush) I ended up DNFing the books….
Isabelle @ BookwyrmBites
I haven’t done the ABC challenge, but I’ve been having a lot of fun sorting my Read shelf by title to find recs to reply to your posts! ?
honestly I’m not sure how a Maximum Ride reread would hold up now, but I really loved the series when I was in middle and high school – the first book is one of the better ones imo, so I’d say it doesn’t hurt to try it?
That’s enough of a recommendation for me!! ? Also, how great is the Goodreads sorting function?! I would never be able to do these posts without it!!
Caitlin @ Caitlin Althea
Get well soon!! that must have been rough and i wish you a speedy recovery! ahhh i’m reading muse of nightmares next month finally and i can’t wait!
Oooh, I hope you love it!! ?