Good morning bookworms!
- Thank the person (or persons) who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers to do this tag
Your most anticipated release of the year
The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black
I mean, two weeks ago I would have said Darkdawn… but I have it in my hands (which is making it excessively difficult to type) even though I haven’t started it yet…
A book you are not anticipating
Uhhh… Whatever the next George R. R. Martin book is? I don’t know. If I’m not interested in a book I tend to wipe its existence from my mind…
Most underhyped anticipated release
Permanent Record by Mary H. K. Choi. I FELL IN LOVE with Mary and her book Emergency Contact at the start of this year, and honestly, I just want her to write 7,000 more books, ok, thanks.
A book you’ve been waiting on forever
Darkbane by Isobelle Carmody. Look, if you haven’t heard me rant about Carmody’s timeliness to complete a series before, please allow me this wrath. If you have, feel free to carry on to the next question. Darkbane is the third and final book in the Legendsong trilogy. Darkfall (book 1) was released in 1999. Darksong (book 2) was released in 2002. Darkbane (book 3) has been teased about for almost TWO DECADES. I have literally known the name of the book for over TEN YEARS. Where is it? Who knows. I mean, Carmody must know.
Please take all of this with a grain of salt. I love Carmody’s books to death and will defend her to anyone, but I just get so impatient. The first two books in this series were fucking AMAZING, and I just want to read the end to Glynn and Ember’s story!
A book you’re anticipating that’s out of your comfort zone
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. I have a terrible feeling that this book is going to err on the side of thriller/horror that I am not comfortable with… but at the same time, I am intrigued.
Your top 3 ‘can’t-wait’ books of the year
OK… not repeating myself (and therefore not mentioning any of the above):
- Wayward Son – Rainbow Rowell
- Call Down the Hawk – Maggie Stiefvater
- The Sky Weaver – Kristen Ciccarelli
Top 5 most anticipated backlist books on your TBR
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So many. If this can now include books out this year that I have been waiting for that I just need to squeeze into my reading schedule but I DO have my hot little mitts on, my list is:
- Darkdawn – Jay Kristoff
- Midnight Beauties – Megan Shepherd
- Heartstopper Vol 2 – Alice Oseman
- Going Off Script – Jen Wilde
- Sorcery of Thorns – Margaret Rogerson
If we’re talking about books from last year or before, my list is:
- The Bear and the Nightingale – Katherine Arden
- A Darker Shade of Magic – V. E. Schwab
- Strange the Dreamer – Laini Taylor
- The Bone Witch – Rin Chupeco
- Spellslinger – Sebastien de Castell
Top 3 most anticipated reads for next year
Yes, I added a bonus question… sue me. Don’t feel inclined to answer if you don’t want… but we are getting awfully close to 2020!!
- Hollowpox – Jessica Townsend
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken – Brigid Kemmerer
- Empire of the Vampire – Jay Kristoff (no cover as yet)
What have we learnt from this exercise?
I will always love black books. However…
2019 was the year for (mostly) yellow books.
2020 will be the year for green books.