I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Anthony @ Keep Reading Forward. Thank you Anthony!! I really appreciate the love!! If you haven’t checked out Anthony’s blog, you really must – it’s got such a beautiful vibe to it and his content is amazing!
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
How many books can you read at once?
I am so bad at this… You only have to check out my ‘currently reading’ tab on Goodreads to see how many books I pick up and then change my mind on!! But actual reading, I tend to just read one at a time. I’m not really a switcher.
What book that hasn’t been adapted into film/tv would you like to see adapted?
Errrrr… well, after yesterday’s post on my thoughts about adaptations, let’s leave this one blank for now!!
Which 3 books would you buy right now, if you were given enough money for them?
OK, hardbacks are so expensive in Australia because shippings costs increase with the weight of the book, so I’ve got a lot of books on my Book Depository wishlist (free shipping!) but the costs of these books is currently between $35-60 (AUD) per book.
- Air Awakens – Elise Kova ($55.88)
- The Girl in the Tower – Katherine Arden ($37.46)
- Terry Pratchett’s Discworld Imaginarium – Paul Kidby ($54.01)
What is your favorite dessert?
Black forest cake with thickened cream. Or pavlova with crushed mint crisp and strawberries. Or salted caramel mousse cake. Damn I want cake now!
Where would you like to travel to one day?
If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
My go to answer for this used to be Stan Lee. Before that it was Terry Pratchett. If I have to pick someone still alive I’d probably choose Maggie Stiefvater.
Would you ever get a tattoo? If so, what would you get?
I already have eight tattoos, but my next one will be another quote. From Nevernight. With a black cat.
Do you have any pets?
Yes! I have three cats – 2 black and 1 grey. (⬇︎ This is from their insta page)
If you were given a personal chef for a day, what would you have them cook for you?
Oooh, for a whole day?! All of the abovementioned cakes. Plus bacon, eggs and waffles for breakfast, a really delicious chicken caesar salad for lunch, and a roast dinner (lamb, beef or pork – I’m not fussed which) with potato gratin, roast cauliflower and carrots, and peas.
What is your favorite hobby/activity to do?
Ummm, read? I also like to bake.
What would your superpower be?
I don’t want a superpower. I’d rather have magic.
Kristina @ Books and Dachshunds | Becca Leighanne
Kathy @ Pages Below the Vaulted Sky | Sophie @ Beware the Reader
Kacey @ Tales of a Bibliophile | Mel to the Any
Joe @ Storeys of Stories | Anisa @ Bookish Bibliophile
Destiny @ Howling Libraries | Lea @ Zwischen Worten (Between Words)
Rachael @ Dog Eared Pages
- Which fictional character best displays your values?
- What is your favourite book you’ve read so far this year, and why?
- What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
- Which fictional character do you think would be the most boring to meet in real life?
- What is one thing you do to unwind?
- If you could pick any author to write a fairytale retelling, who would you pick and which fairytale?
- What’s the best book title you’ve ever heard of?
- Who is your OTP or bookish BFF?
- If you could control one element (earth, air, fire or water), which would you choose?
- Who is your favourite fictional animal? (i.e., not just dragons, but Kozu from The Last Namsara)
- What is your favourite way to treat yourself?
Until next time, happy reading 😊📚