A couple of weeks ago, the supre lovely Ruqs from Many Things Bookish posted a Sunshine Blogger Award post. Ruqs left the nominations open, but her questions were so good that I decided to accept my own nomination and here we are! Thank you Ruqs for allowing me to nominate myself and spreading the love with your questions! x
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or on your post.
1. What is one of your new year’s resolutions for 2019?
A: Grow my blog by a) doubling my subscribers and b) having a minimum 1,000 views per month. (Wish me luck!)
2. What is a book that you’re dying to read this year?
A: This is my top 5 most anticipated reads for the remainder of 2019 (not counting books I’ve already read):
- Darkdawn – Jay Kristoff
- Wayward Son – Rainbow Rowell
- Midnight Beauties – Megan Shepherd
- The Sky Weaver – Kristen Ciccarelli
- The Boy Who Steals Houses – C.G. Drews
3. What is one challenge you know you will encounter this year?
A: A move interstate (and subsequently driving for 8 hours with 3 cats in the car)
4. What is your Goodreads goal for 2019?
A: 90 books! My plan is to aim for 90 NOVELS (graphic novels count) as last year I read 12 comics and a couple of novellas. I want to push myself!
5. What’s the weather like for you right now?
A: Dark…? It’s night time and we’re coming to the end of summer, so I’m expecting it to cool a little.
6. Are you a seasonal reader?
A: I didn’t think I was too much of a seasonal reader, but I got book mail yesterday and it was 4 contemporary novels, so I’m definitely a seasonal buyer!
7. Do you eat/drink while reading?
A: Yes, but I try not to spill!! Also, I won’t eat greasy food or things that will really stain my books when reading. Just water and tea and chocolate and biscuits… maybe cheezels.
8. Tell me one bookish confession of yours.
A: I’m really bad at sticking to a buddy read schedule. I always either fall behind or read ahead. I am literally the worst person to buddy read with. (But I also love it… so, sorry buddies!)
9. What was the last book you read that made you laugh?
A: Last night I literally giggled at a line in Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend.
10. What’s one of your life-long dreams?
A: Ummm… I don’t really have any. I have a great job that I love. I have a hubby that I love. We’re in the middle of buying a house right now. I guess maybe having a family is up there. If we’re talking about pipe-dreams though, then owning an independent bookstore with a cafe area (so I can make cupcakes). I want the cafe to have an all-abilities play area, book clubs for teens and adults, board game and trivia night, reading with mums and bubs, but most importantly it has to have a safe space for underprivileged kids to be able to just come and be themselves and maybe get help with homework if they want.
11. Do you love doing anything more than reading, and if so what is it?
A: MORE THAN READING? I love music as much as reading, but nothing more than. I do love to bake and be creative though.
Your questions are:
- Tell me 3 non-bookish things about yourself!
- What are you currently reading, and what is your predicted rating for it?
- What were 3 reads of 2017 that really stuck with you? (Yes, I know this was over a year ago)
- Who or what is your favourite animal character and what book are they from?
- What was the last book you read that made you cry?
- What is your favourite fairytale retelling?
- What is your most anticipated read for 2020?
- Are you on track for your Goodreads goal, and do you think you will hit it? (If you’re not doing Goodreads, then pick another challenge… or tell me about all of your challenges!)
- What is your favourite genre, and list me three books in it you would recommend?
- What is a book that has sat unread on your bookshelf the longest?
- Kiss, Marry, Kill: Ron Weasley (Harry Potter), Simon Spier (Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda) and Wylan (Six of Crows)
If you’re not tagged but you want to answer these questions (and why wouldn’t you? Even I want to answer these questions), then feel free to respond anyway! I mean, we wouldn’t be here right now if I hadn’t self-nominated, so answer away! (But link back so I can read your answers too!)
Until next time, happy reading 😊📚