Good morning bookworms!
I’m pretty happy today*. I am finally ON HOLIDAYS FOR SIX WEEKS!! Yup, SIX WEEKS!! And do you know what I’m going to do for six weeks? (I’m guessing you probably do…)
Yah, I’m going to read and blog and read and lie in the sunshine and read and go swimming and read and lie on the sand at the beach and read. Oh, did I say I was going to read? I’m going to read at the beach and in the hammock in my backyard and on the couch under the air conditioning when it hits 40 degrees celsius. Best holiday plans ever. (PS, I did write this before Christmas, and then scheduled it for later, so I’ve probably been on holidays for about a week by the time you read this!)
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know you’ve nominated them
My responses to Ruqs’ questions:
- What is one book you’re most excited for in 2019?
- Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff. I need it. Like I need oxygen and water and food and shelter and internet.
- What is one book you’re desperate to finish before 2019?
- Umm, I think I’ve finished my absolute must-read lists for the year. There’s books that I want to read that are on my TBR still, but nothing urgent.
- What is a book that you read this year that shocked you?
- I’m not sure that ‘shocked’ is the right word, but there were books that I was definitely surprised by. Either new authors that I read (Holly Black, and then proceeded to read a lot of her back catalogue!) or genres that I wasn’t sure about (sci-fi was a bit hit and miss this year, but more hit than miss!), but I think my most surprising reads this year were beta novels. I know some very talented people out there that truly deserve book publishing contracts, and I genuinely hope that 2019 sees them attaining these things.
- What is your bookish goal for the end of 2018?
- My bookish goal for 2018 was to read 70 books. And I did it! Next year I am aiming for 90. (I’ve been increasing by 10 books per year for a few years now, and I’m always surprised when I hit it. But next year I am really going to challenge myself as this year I read over 80.)
- Sum up 2018 as a reading year for you in one sentence.
- Better than expected. By that I mean I read more books than I had anticipated, and I read a lot of great books – less average ones. I’m taking a lot of recommendations from other bookstagrammers and bloggers and it means that while I do read some duds, there are lots more that are amazing!
- Name a few of your favourite bloggers.
- Oh man, this is like choosing favourite children – you can’t make me choose, I love you all!
- Are you a seasonal reader?
- You know I didn’t think I was, but I’ve realised that I tend to read more contemporary in summer, and more fantasy in winter, so I guess I am!
- What is a trope you would read any time?
- Slow burn romance – enemies to lovers. I LOVE IT.
- What was your Goodreads reading goal and how far have you gone to completing it?
- 70! And I did it! I finished it in November and am now over 80!
- How long have you been blogging?
- Consistently? Probably just the past six months, but I’ve had the blog for two years now. It just took me a while to hit a rhythm!
- How would you describe your blogging experience so far?
- Now that I’m into it, I’m really enjoying the experience and the community. I found like I’ve found my people!
PHEW! I can’t believe how long it took me to respond to this one (sorry Ruqs!).
I am tagging:
Crystal @ Paper Royalty | Bookish Luna | Nicole @ the Bookworm Drinketh
Andy Winder | Mel to the Any | Taylor @ Nerd Narration | Sleepy Sam Reads
Malanie Loves Fiction | Chavri @ Not Just Fiction
Cassie @ Rants and Raves of a Bibliophile | Birdie @ Birdie Bookworm Blog
Your questions are:
- What are you currently reading, and are you enjoying it?
- Who is your all-time favourite character?
- What are your thoughts on love triangles?
- What is your fave book to re-read?
- What was the last book you DNF’ed?
- What is your fave fictional animal?
- How many books are on your TBR?
- Which book has been on your shelf the longest (read or unread)?
- What is your fave book to movie adaptation?
- Which character would you swap lives with?
- What do you do when you’re in a reading slump?
Until next time, happy reading! 😊📚
* I drafted this post on Saturday 15 December, but I couldn’t bring myself to update this because I was so happy!