I am relatively new to blogging. I’ve wanted to do it for a long time, but just never quite got around to finding the time. You know, we’re all so busy with life that we just keep adding things to our “I should do that” list, and if you’re like me, that list just keeps getting longer and longer.
In 2017 I want to make that list shorter. Here’s some of the things I want to achieve this year:
- Blog: write my book reviews and recipes, but blog about real things too – I want to gain 50 followers by the end of the year, and have an average of 20 likes per post
- Wedding: I am engaged to an amazing guy and we have been together for 8 years – it’s probably time, and this means that I will need to actually set myself tasks (weekly, fortnightly, whatever) to make this wedding happen
- Weight: I know it sounds like this is generic for everyone, but in 2007 when I was deeply unhappy I lost 60kg in one year – probably not healthily, but I was fit and I never kept it up – this year I will do that again!
- Read: I usually set myself a goal of reading 30 books – last year, by some miracle, I read 45 and this year I want to hit that goal again
- Health: I have a bowel disease, and that means I can become sick at the drop of a hat (literally, you could sneeze on me and I would get really ill) from the crazy drugs that I have to take to keep it under control – this year I want to NOT have a colitis flare for the whole year
- Cake decorating: I’m a pretty good baker, but I think I’m pretty average (or less than) at the decorating side of things – this year I want to do a short course on cake decorating
- Honeymoon: Along with that wedding I want to cross some travel off my list as well – and I will take ANYWHERE overseas at the moment!
This is the year I want to be a better person – more motivated, less lazy; more patient, less judgemental; more good, less bad!
I’m hoping I can do this by getting organised, so I guess I have to do that too…
Wish me luck!